From $200 per person
This course is designed for people who may come into contact with sharps and cytotoxic and/ or infectious waste as part of their role. This includes but is not limited to medical and homecare, construction, demolition, cleaning, grounds maintenance, public transport, accident scenes, and many other job roles and industries.
You will learn how to safely handle and dispose of sharp objects, infectious and cytotoxic waste as well as the knowledge to understand the health risks of mishandling sharps, cytotoxic and infectious waste.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and interpret policy, procedural and legislative documents
- Oral and written communication skills to clarify/follow instructions and complete report documentation
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Basic disposal of a single exposed sharp
- Complex disposal of multiple exposed and hidden sharps
- Disposal of infectious waste
Documentation – The student must complete all documentation according to the required standard:
- Complete a risk assessment
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.