This course has been designed for individuals who are required to implement an emergency response as specified in the facility emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation (ECO). Individuals who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the ECO. It includes undertaking pre-emergency planning, taking appropriate actions in an emergency and assisting with post emergency activities.
Furthermore, it also involves the skills and knowledge required to confine small emergencies in a facility and it applies to individuals who are required to have first attack firefighting skills. It includes preparing for emergency situations, identifying and assessing an emergency, safely confining emergencies, using initial response equipment and reporting on the facility's emergency response.
Small emergencies in a facility include incidents such as small fires that can be controlled using a fire extinguisher; chemical spills that can be controlled using facility personal protective clothing and equipment and a spill kit; or a vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage.
The course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
This course set incorporates the content of the following units:
- PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
- CPPFES2005 Demonstrate First Attack Firefighting Equipment
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills. This includes wearing suitable identification, assisting occupants, being able to safely confine emergencies and using communications systems and initial response equipment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|PUAFER005 - Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
|PUAFER008 - Confine small emergencies in a facility
|CPPFES2005 - Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment
- Prepare for Emergency Situations
- Facility emergency equipment fault log
- Manage a small chemical spill
- Operate as a warden in a fire emergency (Paper/Wood)
- Complete an Emergency evacuation incident and debrief form
- Performance tasks – demonstrate correct use of equipment
- Small flammable liquid fire
- Metallic fire
- Fire hose reel