From $145 per person
Successful completion of this course set will provide participants with the skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury, such as asthma or anaphylaxis. This includes the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition until the arrival of medical assistance, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns or assisting someone choking.
Satisfactorily completing all requirements of this course set provides the student with the ability to develop risk management and risk minimisation strategies for individuals diagnosed at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis in the workplace. This includes the development and implementation of pre-emergency risk assessment/ management and the development and implementation of individual asthma and/ or anaphylaxis management plans.
This course set provides nationally recognised training for workers, or nominated workplace first aiders, from any industry sector and addresses the provision of care to adults and/or children in the workplace who are diagnosed as being at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis or displaying signs/symptoms of asthma and/or anaphylaxis.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
As a minimum, entrants to the course must have literacy and numeracy competencies equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3. An example of an ACSF Level 3 competency is being able to read and comprehend the ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis, use and respond to communication techniques to request appropriate emergency assistance at the scene of a First Aid incident and use writing skills to complete incident reports.
Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
Online study options: The online learning program can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor and rescue breathing techniques demonstrated on manikins, with no exemptions.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
|HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
|HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
|22556VIC - Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
|22578VIC - Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- Administer asthma medication (with a spacer)
- Administer asthma medication (without a spacer)
- Administer an adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- Provide first aid for an allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Adult CPR
- Infant CPR
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for choking
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for non-life-threatening bleeding, minor wound cleaning & shock
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for a nosebleed
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for managing fractures , dislocations, sprains and strains
- Demonstrate the first aid procedure for managing envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Complete a First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a risk assessment
- Complete an Individual Management Plan, which includes a Communication Plan
Theory assessment - A written exam consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.