From $340 per person
Learning content and relevant knowledge assessment of this course are delivered in an online format, followed by face to face practical skills assessment session. During the face to face practical session, additional learning content and knowledge questions not covered in the online component, will also be addressed. This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
It also includes instruction on first aid and CPR, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, managing a casualty in shock and providing oxygen in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings. Simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
|HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
|HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
|HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
|HLTAID015 - Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Online theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Face to face assessment* of performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position )
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with life-threatening bleeding and provide supplemental oxygen
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Complete two separate incident report forms
*Additional learning and theory assessment will be conducted during the face to face session, not fully covered in the online learning content.