From $400 per person
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required by an individual to provide a first aid response and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote or isolated situation. The course can be delivered in any industry where persons may be required to provide first aid in locations beyond the reach of timely medical assistance, as part of their role at work or in the community.
It applies to individuals who may be required to provide first aid and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote or isolated situation. With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace, and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective CPR, first aid treatment and oxygen therapy in a range of complex situations, including remote, community and workplace settings.
Furthermore, simulated real-life situations will be used to develop the skills and knowledge for using and maintaining specialised equipment for the provision of first aid, resuscitation, and oxygen therapy, as well as providing treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as inserting an appropriate basic airway adjunct, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and administering oxygen safely at the correct flow rate.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
Online study options: The online learning program can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
|HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
|HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
|HLTAID013 - Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
|HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
|HLTAID015 - Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Practical scenarios and performance tasks:
- Performance Task – Adult CPR (incl. 2 mins of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR, 2 mins bag-valve-mask and 2 mins compression two-rescuer CPR, defibrillation, selecting and inserting appropriate airway adjunct, managing oxygen equipment appropriately and managing an unconscious breathing casualty)
- Performance Task – Infant CPR
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Manage a casualty with hyperthermia
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Simulated scenario – First aid response in a remote site (plan and prepare for a remote trip, conduct a basic triage, coordinate an evacuation)
- Complete a planning and equipment checklist
- Performance Tasks – Manage life-threatening bleeding and provide oxygen
- Performance task – Maintain resuscitation equipment
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.