From $450 per person
The course applies to individuals working in the health and community services sectors such as Aged Care Workers, Community Care Workers, Disability Support Workers, Personal Care Workers and Respite Care Workers who wish to develop the knowledge and skills in supporting people to self-administer medication and complete medication documentation, according to the relevant Federal and state/territory legislation, regulations, codes or practice and workplace policies and procedures.
Students will also develop an understanding of the various forms of medication, the different modes medication can be administered as well as the characteristics of several commonly used medications, including both prescribed and over the counter medication. In addition, students will assist with providing medication using at least five (5) different types of medications and at least three (3) different modes of administration as well as complete associated medication documentation.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) recommends Medication Management training is refreshed annually to stay current with policies, procedures and techniques.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Numeracy skills to calculate and check correct dosage of medication, expiry dates and client information including basic calculations of ratios and volume
- Reading skills to correctly check and interpret client information and dosage instructions
- Language skills to appropriately greet and converse with clients to explain medication requirements and obtain client consent
Online study options: students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- Scenario 1 – Provide assistance with medication – Asthma
- Scenario 2 – Provide assistance with medication – Anaphylaxis
- Scenario 3 – Provide assistance with medication – PRN Liquid Paracetamol
- Scenario 4 – Provide assistance with medication – Eye Drops
- Scenario 5 – Provide assistance with medication – Tablets
Documentation - The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident Report Forms
- Medication Administration Forms
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.