The course applies to individuals working in an operational role in the resources and infrastructure industries who are required to follow WHS policies and procedures and work safely. It includes accessing and applying site safety procedures; applying personal and operational safety measures; maintaining personal wellbeing for job fitness; applying safe manual handling procedures; responding to emergency situations; identifying and reporting incidents; and taking positive safe action to enhance workplace safety.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Sufficient language, literacy, and numeracy skills to complete the course including the ability to read and interpret legislation and regulations, site plans, permit conditions, workplace and site procedures and documentation, safety and hazard control requirements; speak clearly and concisely with the team/ work group to coordinate the workflow and organisational procedures as well as identify and clarify responsibility when responding to emergency situations. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports.
- Good general health and fitness for the practical assessment (e.g., no injuries or pre-existing conditions that may be aggravated through movement and/ or the lifting/ shifting of loads)
- Protective footwear/safety shoes and comfortable/practical clothing must be provided by the student and worn during the practical sessions and assessment
- Basic computer skills to complete workplace forms and reports
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
Respond to two (2) simulated scenarios as selected by your assessor, to demonstrate the ability to work safely and implement work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures to:
- locate and apply relevant legislation, documentation, policies and procedures to ensure the work activity is compliant
- interpret and apply a Job Safety Environmental Analysis (JSEA)/ Safe Work Methods Statement (SWMS), relevant permits and clearances and site safety information
- identify hazards and risks and implement appropriate control measures according to workplace procedures
- communicate clearly and concisely with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities
- communicate and coordinate with others to implement the requirements, procedures and techniques
- implement the requirements, procedures and techniques required to work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- identify and report on WHS issues to relevant personnel
- apply safe lifting and manual handling techniques
- select, wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- respond to emergency situations according to workplace procedures
- complete workplace reporting procedures
Documentation – The student must complete all documentation according to the required standard:
- Complete a First Aid Incident Report Form
- Complete a Hazard/ Incident Report Form
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of short-answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.